You’ve taken the plunge, you’ve set the date, found a venue and advertised your first ever choir rehearsal. So what now?
This is such an exciting time but also one naturally filled with a mixture of thoughts and emotions – anticipation, nerves and a longing to get things right.
So how exactly do you run your first rehearsal?
We’re going to take through our practical, step-by-step approach that will keep you on track so that you can create a fantastic experience and a choir that people will want to be part of.
And if you’re already an experienced choir leader, these ideas will help with your planning process too.
Essential learning points:
- Create a warm-up plan to start which will be easy, fun and have a focus upon teambuilding.
- Choose 2-3 pieces to work on in the rehearsal which are straightforward and will enable you to achieve quick results.
- Add some social time, such as a refreshments break, so people can get to know each other.
- Start as you mean to go on with your admin, pricing and timing.
- Leave people on a high at the end of the rehearsal.
- Give them something to take away.
- Follow up.
- Accept that it won’t be perfect!
‘Your plan’s like your comfort blanket’
‘Keep it simple!’
‘Choose a couple of songs that will get quick results’