#144 Happy New Year! Why leading a choir is the best job ever!
The new year brings with it that ‘fresh start’ feeling. Time to look forward, dream up and put into action great new projects for you and your choir.
In this episode, we talk about all the reasons we think leading a choir is the best job EVER! It’s a great kick off for the new year and will we hope leave you feeling inspired and ready for action.
In the episode you’ll hear our eight great reasons for being a choir leader in your community:
- You get to work at the heart of your community
- You are bringing people together to do something they love
- Singing is good for you so you are facilitating happiness and health in your members
- You can be creative with repertoire and performance opportunities
- Running a choir business offers you flexibility and ties in well with family life
- Starting a choir is a great way to get to know people in your community and can really help you to feel at home
- There are endless opportunities to grow and develop
- You can make a living doing this!
If you’re dragging your heels a bit and not really feeling inspired yet, or you just haven’t got round to making some plans, don’t worry. It’s not too late to get planning and start creating great projects and our podcast episode 140 – Plan ahead to make 2019 your best year yet may be just what you need. You can find that episode here.
And if this is your year to really grow your choir business, whether you’re just starting out or are already established, then make sure you check out our membership Community Choir Professionals. It has everything you need for professional growth, training and ideas plus a community of like-minded choir leaders. Go to communitychoirpro.com
We wish you an amazing year with your choir and don’t forget we’re here every step of the way to help and support you.